We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. If you are a new patient, you will be asked to schedule a video consultation with Dr. Horowitz prior to your in-office appointment. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
1. Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from the street directly to treatment rooms to eliminate. contacting surfaces. Touch-free trash bins and hand sanitizer dispensers will be available in the waiting rooms.
2. Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they need to be present during the visit. We have two waiting areas available for your convenience so if you need to bring someone to accompany you to your appointment we can accommodate this with advanced notice.
3. Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
4. We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
5. Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
6. Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
7. Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
8. Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
9. Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
10. Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
11. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients
12. Enhanced HVAC disinfection with UV light or HEPA Filtration uni15.
13. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
14. New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
15. Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
16. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
17. Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
18. Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
19. Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
20. Provide disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses.
Please complete your new patient forms online before scheduling your first appointment.
If you are interested to know about your insurance coverage, please complete the new patient paperwork first and we will contact you with your coverage and help you schedule an appointment.
Please do not schedule your appointment until all paperwork is completed and your insurance coverage is provided for you (if applicable).